BYTEX is pleased to announce listing of Zilliqa (ZIL).
Listing Date: January 18th, 2019 (FRI), 16:00 GMT+9
Name of Token: Zilliqa
Country of Incorporation: Singapore
Role of Token: Utility
Token Type: ERC-20
Zilliqa is a secure, open, and permissionless blockchain platform that combines the proof-of-work (PoW) concept with its novel sharding technology to build a scalable blockchain platform. In particular, Zilliqa’s novel computational sharding framework offers a genuine solution to the scalability problem that plagues numerous cryptocurrencies and smart contract platforms, like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Zilliqa’s sharding protocol works by dynamically dividing the network of blockchain nodes into subgroups, called shards. Each shard independently processes and reaches a consensus via the secure Proof-of-Work (PoW) protocol on a subset of transactions. Shards can process the transactions in parallel, thereby greatly enhancing Zilliqa’s transaction throughput compared to other popular blockchain platforms. This also makes Zilliqa an attractive platform to run computation-intensive tasks and/or dApps.
In addition, the Zilliqa team is also developing a new smart contract language, called Scilla, that will be able to accommodate a wide range of applications, like automated auctions, shared economy to financial modelling. Scilla will be a suitable programming language for running mechanically verified smart contracts by creating a clear separation between the communication aspect and the programming aspect of smart contracts on a blockchain.
On the Zilliqa mainnet, the Zilliqa tokens (ZIL), called “Zillings”, will be used as gas when users send transactions and run smart contracts. The gas fee will incentivize miners to process transactions on the Zilliqa network. Currently, ZILs are available as ERC-20 tokens. Upon the launch of the mainnet, ZIL ERC-20 holders will be able to transfer their interim ERC-20 tokens for ZIL tokens.
Token & Fundraising Details:
Maximum Supply: 21,000,000,000 ZIL
- 40% - Mining rewards
- 30% - Early contributors and community contributors
- 12% - Zilliqa research
- 5% - Founding team
- 10% - Anquan Capital
- 3% - Agencies and advisors
Use of Funds:
- 80% - Research, Development and Operations
- Development of the blockchain platform: US $5.4mil
- Research: US $3.0mil
- Community engagement: US $1.0mil
- Collaboration with academia and other blockchains: US $1.0mil
- Operations: US $3.0mil
- Marketing and Business Development: US $3.0mil
- Compliance, Legal and Finance: US $1.2mil
- 15% - Anquan Capital Pte. Ltd.
- 5% - Founding team who has been developing Zilliqa
Dec. 27/2017 - Jan. 4/2018
1 ETH = 116,060 ZIL
1 ETH = 116,060 ZIL
Zilliqa has raised funds from several VCs, such as Catena Capital, Danhua Capital, Authorito Capital and Hyperchain Capital.
- Xinshu Dong, CEO: Ph.D. from National University of Singapore; previously Head of Engineering at Anquan Capital; previously senior research fellow at National University of Singapore
- Yaoqi Jia, Co-Founder & Head of Technology: Ph.D. from National University of Singapore; Previously a research fellow at National University of Singapore
- Amrit Kumar, Co-Founder & Head of Research: Ph.D. from Universite Grenoble Alpes; Previously a research fellow at National University of Singapore
- Yiling Ding, Chief Marketing Officer: Previously the Head of APAC Regional Marketing for Google Pay; Previously a producer at Rakuten
- En Hui Ong, Head of Business Development: Previously worked as Intermediary Sales at J.P. Morgan Asset Management and BlackRock
- Prateek Saxena, Co-Founder & Chief Scientific Advisor: Research professor in computer science at National University of Singapore; PhD in Computer Science from UC Berkeley
- Juzar Motiwalla, Co-Founder & Chief Strategist: Director/Advisor at AssetVantage, SoftDel; Co-Founder of Anquan Capital; previously Director/Advisor at smartBridges
- Max Kantelia, Co-Founder & Chief Evangelist: Co-founder/CEO at Anquan Capital; Board member at uptapt and Aeriandi
- Addison Huegel: Head of Communications: Media Director and Managing Partner at Elevator Communications, LLC; Advisor at Perlin, Republic Protocol, Origin, Kleros, FundRequest, CryptoCurve and Basis
- Evan Cheng: Engineering director at Facebook; Recipient of the 2012 ACM Software System Award for his work on LLVM at Apple
- Aquinas Hobor: Assistant professor with a joint appointment between Yale-NUS College and the School of Computing; Lee Kuan Yew Postdoctoral Fellow in the School of Computing, National University of Singapore
- Alexander Lipton: Founder and CEO of StrongHold Labs; Partner at Numeraire Financial; Co-Founder and Advisor of Distilled Analytics, Connection Science Fellow at MIT Media Lab and Visiting Professor of Financial Engineering at EPFL; Advisory Board Member at UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies, Clearmatics and Numerix
- Loi Luu: Founder of Kyber Network; Ph.D. from National University of Singapore; Developed Oyente, the first open-source security analyzer for Ethereum smart contracts; Designed the first sharding protocol for public blockchain founder of Ripplefox
- Nicolai Oster: Head of ICO, leading the ICO Department at Bitcoin Suisse
- Stuart Prior: Advisor at Tiberius Technology Venture AG and Conduit LLC; Previously Head of Operations (IT) at Sberbank (Switzerland) AG
- Christel Quek: Co-founder of BOLT; Founder of pin8cle; Founder of Brandwatch’s first office in Asia-Pacific (digital intelligence product)
- Vincent Zhou: Founding partner of FBG Capital
Position Paper: https://docs.zilliqa.com/positionpaper.pdf
This document is based on the information collected found on the Zilliqa website and through formal legal channels. We make every effort to provide complete and accurate information. However, we do not guarantee accuracy, completeness, timeliness or correct sequencing of the information. This information is not to be regarded as investment advice, or legal proof, or evidence.
Your Finance, Your Future
Reach us through social media channel below
Twitter, Telegram, Facebook